I am an EOD/IEDD and Search Operator with 16 years of experience, and I am seeking new opportunities in the field. I am a caring and dedicated professional.
First, I cleared contaminated land with ERW (the explosive remnant of war), landmines, and sub-munitions for the UN and the local Government in DRC in 2004-2016. Additionally, I mentored the troop of AMISOM for UN and AU and local Government in Somalia in 2017-2018. Finally, I cleared contaminated land with ERW for the UN and the local Government in South Sudan in 2019.
I am skilled in Explosive Remnant of War, Landmines, IED, Team and Stakeholders management, and English (advanced).
John Paco’s Resume
Dedicated, highly-focused EOD/IEDD leadership professional with 18 years’ progressive experience from operator to field manager, recognized subject matter expert, and trainer. Ensures all teams are fully appraised of company and industry expectations and oversees ongoing compliance, undertaking further training and counseling to manage performance. Possesses excellent communication skills in several languages, enabling clarification of important information at all levels of business, society and authority. PRINCE2, IMAS, MSP and ITIL qualified with a commitment to ongoing professional development to stay ahead of advances in methods and technology.
Currently in Kinshasa seeking for new opportunities
Here is the video produced for the UN in South Sudan in 2019. It is the collection of several Explosive Ordinance lying in the country and constitutes a significant obstacle for the local population of South Sudan. The Job was accomplished @G4S and #South Sudan. I am delighted with the work done, which positively impacted the socio-economic development of the local community.
Master’s Degree in Business Administration. Cumbria University, Lancaster, UK. (April 2018-Expected graduation, July 2021).
EOD ADVISOR/TECHNICAL FIELD MANAGER – EOD/NTS Project: G4S – South Sudan (Jul 2019 – August 2020).
- Trained 90% of the team in South Sudan, significantly improving the capacity
- Successfully destroyed 80% of TCC ammunition and neutralized all IEDs and explosive remnants of war
- Assessed 90% of the route within Upper-Nile State and achieved 90% Mine Awareness
- Amended 80% of the Hazardous Area before other organizations, achieved 100% CSR and 80% culture change
EOD/IEDD INSTRUCTOR/COMBAT ENG ADVISOR:
SAFELANE GLOBAL – Somalia (Oct 2018 – Jul 2019).
DYNASAFE – Somalia (May 2017 – Sep 2018).
- Successfully trained 90% of AMISOM (African Union Mission In Somalia) troops based in Sector 5 in Somalia and 20% based in Mogadishu, including UPDF Troops on a wide range of disciplines (above)
- Assessed 80% of the route of Sector 5 in Jowhar and 90% of the forward operating base
- Amended 80% of the Hazardous Area and achieved 100% CSR and 80% culture change
- Managed 80 convoys within sector 5 in Somalia and neutralized all discovered IEDs
TECHNICAL FIELD MANAGER: MAG – Democratic Republic of the Congo (May 2016 – Apr 2017).
- Cleared 90% of landmines and destroyed 80% of FARDC stockpile in Kasai-Central
- Achieved 90% Mine Awareness, doubled capacity and route clearance, and destroyed all ammunition found
ASSISTANT OPERATIONS MANAGER: MECHEM – Democratic Republic of the Congo (Jun 2015 – Mar 2016).
- Oversaw quality of demining organizations operating in Tanganyika Province, managed UNMAS/UN relationships and internal and external reporting
- Achieved 100% CSR and Cultural Adoption and successfully trained the first female deminers
OPERATIONS/QUALITY ASSISTANT MANAGER: UNMAS – Democratic Republic of Congo (Feb 2014 – Sep 2014).
- Monitored demining company activities and QA, achieved 100% CSR and managed stakeholder relationships
DEMINING/EOD OPERATOR/TEAM LEAD: MECHEM – Democratic Republic of Congo (Apr 2004 – Jan 2014).
- Successfully managed 100% of team training, leadership, safety awareness, reporting, and planning
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR: MONUC – Democratic Republic of Congo (Apr 2003 – Apr 2004).
SECURITY OFFICER : ICRC – Democratic Republic of Congo Mar 2002 – Mar 2003